You are not alone; I am here to help.
I work with men and women on a variety of issues and conditions, including:
- Depression/hopelessness/lack of motivation or energy/feeling stuck
- Anxiety/worry/feeling paralyzed
- Low self-esteem/lack of self-confidence
- Relationship challenges (may include collaborating with your couples therapist)
- Life transitions (moving, new job or school, marriage, new child, retirement, etc.)
- Stress/finding balance
- Grief and loss (death of a loved one or separation from an important relationship)
- Recovery from divorce/separation/break-up
- Loneliness/isolation/seeking healthy relationships
- Sexuality/sexual orientation/gender identity
- Job/career dissatisfaction
- School or job performance issues
- Chronic disease/terminal illness
Regardless of the challenges bringing you to see me, I will work with you to establish a positive sense of yourself. Healthy self-esteem requires taking a realistic view of your whole self. We will explore and celebrate your unique strengths and gifts, and I will work with you to lovingly accept and incorporate those elements of your personality or your history you tend to reject. You will learn to draw strength from these parts of yourself as well.
We will set attainable goals, tackle unrealistic expectations of perfection, and cast off negative messages you may have received from others. We will identify concrete steps you can take to bring about a fulfilling and satisfying life, knowing you deserve nothing less.
Let's get a little fresh air
Many of us are challenged to find time for adequate fresh air and exercise, and yet the evidence is clear: exercise is good for our brains and our emotional health, in addition to our bodies. Some clients find it easier to talk while walking.
If the weather cooperates I am happy to conduct individual therapy sessions outside, while we walk. My office is near a quiet neighborhood and park in Issaquah. Please be aware: going for a walk while we work could compromise your confidentiality as my client.